MENTAL WELLNESS COUNSELING
A Northern Michigan Counseling Practice: With locations in Traverse City and Manistee
You’re here because you know that life can be better. Through counseling, we’ll help you identify how best to make progress toward creating a life of wellness. Our mental health therapists take a whole health approach to help individuals, couples and families find balance. Click on ‘Our Counselors’ Tab or read about our clinicians to find the right therapist for you.
We know it takes a while to decide you need counseling. No matter what that final thing was that made you come here, we want to help. Our therapists offer face to face, virtual or phone sessions to best meet your needs and serve clients throughout Northern Michigan.
If you’re ready to start a better life, we’d love to join you in this journey!
For more information or to schedule a session please CONTACT US
To inquire about our services call us at 231-714-0282
Referrals can be send via fax at 231-216-7921
How can we help?
Here are some common reasons people contact us:
- Adults: Anxiety, fear? Depression, sadness? We are here to help.
- Kids: They may be angry, frustrated, don’t follow your rules, or have other behavioral or emotional struggles. Also, kids process death, family break-up, or even new people joining the family different. They may get quiet or angry. Maybe they are experiencing anxiety. We can help.
- Frustrated Parents: We help parents to be even better parents by looking at what you are doing really well already. We then teach new skills and check in as to how it is going.
- New Parents: Struggling with the transition? Let us help you identify and build on your strengths while gaining new skills.
- Distant Couples: Sometimes the stress of life, parenting, money or communication troubles can get in the way of being the best possible couple. We work to help you restore the relationship from wherever it has been to head in a better direction.
- Substance Abuse: Substance abuse assessments and substance abuse counseling. We help families and friends learn to process another’s substance use issues. Also, we do direct counseling for alcohol and drug addictions.
- Spiritual Exploration: Looking for a counselor to help you navigate and understand how spirituality plays a role in your life?
- Transitions: Life transitions can be planned or unexpected. They can be positive or negative.
- Goal setting: Ready for accountability with setting and sticking to goals? Ready for a big change and need help creating a roadmap to get there? Let us help.
- Mood Disorders: We work with people that are dealing with depression and anxiety, and the many ways that it may manifest.
- Co-Parenting Struggles: Better communication and less conflict between co-parents leads to improved parenting. We can help by offering conflict resolution and tools for both parents.
- Grief: Let us help you process your loss.
- Anger: Anger management can help to identify negative thought patterns and gain skills to control and cope with anger.
- Sexual Identity and Expression: Sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, gender nonconformity can be easier to navigate and understand with someone who has professional experience in that area.
- Trauma: If you have experienced something significant in your past and would like help working through it, we can help. Our counselors offer EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing Therapy), ACT Therapy, Brainspotting Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy, Narrative Therapy and many theoretical approaches to help you overcome from your past.
Both virtual and face to face sessions are offered at Mental Wellness Counseling.
In the first sessions we complete the paperwork, discuss confidentiality, and begin to hear your story. The focus of the second session is to continue to hear your story and discover potential areas of strength and improvement.
The third and fourth sessions are typically a time to write down what the focus of counseling will be. This is often called a “Treatment Plan.” The treatment plan will outline what things you’d like to change, for example:
The Treatment Plan outlines your specific goals, how we will measure them, and what will happen to help you reach them. Also, it will outline who is in charge of what aspects of it. For example, a child may need to practice new skills, a parent may learn new parenting techniques, and your therapist may provide you with a list of resources.
The following sessions will focus upon meeting your Therapy Treatment Goals. We will discuss the progress and decide if we need to add goals, change them, or if you want to be done with counseling. Our goal is to help you decide when you’re done with counseling, so you can get on with your life.
Insurance is an agreement between you and your insurance company as to how counseling will be paid for. We will assist you in any way possible. Call us to see if we directly participate with your insurance. If we do not participate, we can assist you by providing documentation required to seek reimbursement from your insurance. We also offer private pay services if you do not have insurance or chose not to use your insurance for mental health services.
Good Faith Estimate (GFE) for Services at Mental Wellness Counseling
The No Surprises Act Legislation (2799B-6 of the Public Health Service Act) became effective 1/1/2022. This Legislation requires health care providers to provide a Good Faith Estimate for Services, specifically for private pay clients who are not using insurance, have opted out of using insurance, or who have insurance that the provider does not participate with. You have the right to receive a GFE explaining how much your medical care will cost. Please note that this GFE also does not include any additional fees for paperwork for legal matters or court appearances/subpoenas. Please contact our office to learn more about our rates for services.
Frequency and Duration of Services
Frequency and Duration of Treatment
Depending on your treatment needs, services will be provided for a frequency of one of the following and may fluctuate throughout the duration of treatment:
d) As-needed maintenance
Therapy is an extremely personal experience tailored to the needs of the client and the presenting concerns. Due to the nature of this unpredictability, the commitment to meeting and catering to the needs of every client individually, determining duration of treatment is ethically impossible. You and your therapist will continue to review progress and make personalized decisions regarding both the frequency and duration of treatment periodically. The client can choose to discontinue services at any time and a per-determined amount of services is not required to participate in services.
If you are billed for more than your Good Faith Estimate, you have the right to dispute the bill.
You have the right to initiate a dispute resolution process if the actual amount
charged to you substantially exceeds the estimated charges stated in your Good
Faith Estimate (which means $400 or more beyond the estimated charges).
For questions or more information about your right to a Good Faith Estimate or the
dispute resolution process, visit https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises/consumers or
call 1- 800-985-3059. The initiation of the patient-provider dispute resolution
process will not adversely affect the quality of the services furnished to you.
Our therapists offer morning, daytime, evening and weekend hours to best assist you. Contact us to check for availability and how we can best serve you.
How to set up a counseling appointment:
Please contact us if you would like to set up an appointment: Click here-We’d love to hear from you or (231) 714-0282 ext. 0