Quick progress for couples that want to stay together!
Two-Day Couples Intensive Counseling | 9am-4pm
Traverse City, MI
Why Couples Work with Us
Couples come to us when they are dealing with:
- After an affair has happened in a marriage
- When you feel distant in your relationship or marriage
- When the spark of marriage is small or gone
- When it feels like your partner is more of a roommate than a lover
- When the stress of having kids and a busy life has hurt the marriage
Over forty years of research can help you improve your marriage. We implement the work of Drs. John and Julie Gottman. We have all completed the Level 2 Gottman Training and are continuing to build those skills.
Our marriage counselors and relationship therapists all have Master’s degrees with over 35 hours of additional training on how to save a marriage.
How to Improve Your Marriage
We have two options for improving your marriage:
- Intensive Two-Day Program: Two days, 9:00am-4:00pm approach to rapidly working on the relationship, marriage, and reducing divorce.
- Weekly Marriage Counseling: Traditional marriage therapy to focus on the Gottman research, marriage assessment, and skill implementation. On this page, we’ll focus on the Intensive Two-Day Marriage Counseling program, click here to read more about our marriage counselors.
Marriage Intensive Counseling
Included in the Two-Day Marriage Intensive Counseling:
- Two-day Marriage Intensive Counseling
- Relationship Assessment
- Four support phone calls or online sessions: 45 minutes each
- Weekly email support from your therapist
- Handouts, tools, and resources for on-going help after the Intensive
Preparation for Couples Intensive:
- Pre-Intensive Interview: 30 minutes
- Intake Paperwork
- Assessment Questionnaire
Marriage Intensive Counseling Two Day Schedule
Day 1 | Couples Intensive
9:00-10:30 Intake 75-90 minutes: Welcome, Paperwork, History of the Relationship, Family History, Conflict Interaction, and Next Steps
10:30-10:45 15 minute Break
10:45-12:15 Individual Sessions 45 minutes each: Individual background, Personal Goals, Exploring Commitment, and Your Side of the Relationship
60 minute lunch
1:15-2:45 Assessment Results and Goal Setting 75-90 minutes: Discussion of the Assessment Results, and Treatment Direction
15 minute break
3:00-4:00 Strategy #1 and #2 building Love Maps, Turning Toward One another with evening homework
Day 2 | Couples Intensive
9:00-10:30: Check-in on evening, follow-up with Strategy #1 and #2, Marriage Skill Building, How to Save a Marriage, and How to Reduce Stress in a Relationship
10:45-12:15 How to Manage Conflict: Repairs, On-going Issues, and Four Major Areas
12:15-1:15 Lunch Break
1:15-2:45: Additional skill building based on initial treatment planning for the marriage
2:45-3:00: 15 minute break
3:00-4:00: Planning for marriage success
Our Marriage Counselors
Joseph R. Sanok
Joe has been trained by the Gottman Institute and has completed the Level 1 training. He has completed the Level 2 and is awaiting his scores. Joe has worked with couples and families since 2004.
Joe is licensed as a professional counselor and has dual Masters degrees in Counseling Psychology and Community Counseling. He is also a graduate of Western Michigan University’s Lee Honors College.
Joe’s Two-Day Couples Intensive Counseling is a highly sought-after approach that rapidly assesses marriage, builds skills, and creates a plan to help the relationship grow and improve quickly.
Joe is married and has two kids. He lives in Traverse City, MI.