Samantha is a native of Northern Michigan with over 20 years of experience working with adults, children, and families navigating needs-based service systems, as well as those experiencing conflict with co-parenting, disability rights, advocacy, and education.
She is passionate about client-empowerment. Samantha works with those experiencing anxiety, depression and family conflicts. She works with families trying to navigate systems such as Probate and Friend of the Court, child protective services, special education, and community mental health. She also works with those who are dealing with the complexities of caring and advocating for loved ones with disabilities. Samantha is passionate about assisting clients who find themselves in conflict and desire to identify a productive path forward. Samantha takes a compassionate, yet constructive approach to developing the skills necessary to promote mental health for people adjusting to, and living in extraordinary circumstances.
Samantha specializes in assisting individuals navigate trauma associated with acute and chronic illness or family separation by increasing a capacity for resilience through skill building, action planning, and conflict resolution. She also works with those experiencing anxiety, depression, family conflict.
Professional Credentials and Education:
- Bachelors in Family Life Education, Spring Arbor University
- Master of Social Work, Arizona State University
- Certified Mediator: Domestic Relations, Restorative Justice, and Special Education
- CPI Non-violent Crisis Intervention Instructor
- Clinical Master’s Social Worker License State of Michigan
- Member of the National Association of Social Workers